GeGeekTechToolkit $20.00 = Lifetime Updates
Please make sure your primary email on PayPal is upto date, the toolkit will be sent there unless you specify otherwise.
Description of the toolkit
GeGeekTechToolKit – The All in 1 Tool for the Traveling Techs, Power Geeks and the Serious Home User
A Complete Collection of over 1000 Tech Related Programs, including all the programs from SysInternals and NirSoft as well (~280), all accessible from one Menu Launcher Utility. There’s even a feature to update all the programs automatically to ensure every program is the latest version, all contained on a Flash Drive for travel. There’s over 500 individual Windows 10 Registry WhizzleShamizzle configuration settings you can change right from within the program. You can elevate the program to Admin on the fly when the situation calls for it. Over 500 web links and helpful documents for various Tech Related repairs. I do all the research so you don’t have to, making sure all the latest and greatest tools available are included.
Instructions for setting up the toolkit
Updated: September 2018
- White List the Installer
- Run the installer
- Enter the information as requested
- When asked for a location, all you need to do is specify the location of the main drive
- The Application will create the toolkit folder
- Once finished, navigate to the drive you specified and review the toolkit contents.
- The 2 main files of the toolkit are Run Ketarin Update.bat and Symenu.exe
- Run Ketarin Update.bat will start the database and display all the applications you can download
- Symenu.exe will show a start menu of all the applications in there own categories.
- If you want to place a shortcut of the toolkit simply right click on the Symenu and send to desktop
- Please note, once installed, if you want to use on a USB, simply copy the folder that’s on the root drive to the root of the USB
- 75% of the content of files for the toolkit are stored on the server and updated regularly. The content is on our server because as most of you know, we can’t hotlink to other websites. Its easier for us to manage the content ourselves. Some of our providers have offered direct links to there own server.
When you open the toolkit this is whats displayed
Once this screen is visible, we now need to update the applications, to do this we need to load Ketarin. Proceed to this location with the Red Dot and click on Update
This will now load Ketarin.
The next step is to update all the applications
- Select all the applications
- Right click and choose the option Update
- Sit back and wait for the applications to be downloaded
- Once finished, head back to the main folder and run Symenu.exe
- In the menu click Configuration
- In the menu click Advanced
- Click Scan for Unlinked
- Click Start Scan
- This is the part that will show what files downloaded and what hasn’t – If an application is missing or hasn’t been downloaded this will show a RED X – Go back and check in Ketarin.
- There is an option to export the list, do so and export to the desktop
- Have a look at the first application that says it didn’t download in the text file
- Head back to Ketarin, Control + F to search
- Enter the name of the application
- Look at the category
- Now go to the folder where the application downloaded which is located in the toolkit directory inside of the ProgramFiles directory
- Locate the category
- Next locate the name of the application folder
- This is the part where we check if the application actually did download
- If the folder is empty, head back to Ketarin
- Right click the file name and choose Force Update, once downloaded, Symenu will now have that file linked.
- On the other hand if it says error, then the file you’re attempting to download has expired and we now need a new link.
- If we now require a new link, this means the current link has expired either from being deleted, the app updated etc. We may have to update the link ourselves. If you’ve discovered several links that may need updating, please let us know via this form, so we can check and have them updated for the next release.
- Can I put this on a USB? Absolutely, run the installer and specify the main drive first, update, then copy the main folder to the root of the USB.
This completes the section on how to run the toolkit, update the applications and copy to a USB
When something isn’t working within the toolkit, what to do?
Should some updates fail, I would first manually check to see if the link is still valid. Please remember that files do change and update all the time, filesize, filename, date etc If a link has failed and its definitely dead check the filename, does it say filename1123.exe it might be as simple as checking to see whats the next version 1124.exe if thats the next version, try changing it and check for update, if it updates awesome. It also helps us if errors are reported, that way we can keep the list constantly updated 🙂
Some programs keep updating every time I run Ketarin?
Please note that some programs, are by design, going to update every time you run Ketarin.
The download filename⁄size didn’t change, yet the program version # did. To ensure I always have the latest version of these programs I simply download them again. Just to be sure. There may have been other factors as well that I have run across for doing this, so don’t think this is an issue. This was by design. Which is why I recommend updating only once per week. No need to update more frequently than that anyway.
Rescue Disks These have now been removed from the toolkit and now reside on the main website. WSCC and NirSoft Utility Suites Included
Also included in the kit are the WSCC which contains both NirSoft and Sysinternals Utility Suites. That gives you every possible program you could ever need between my toolkit and their utilities. With WSCC you have to run the update option from time to time. I update the main core program for you.
I’ve included these docs when you are without internet access and need a repair⁄reference procedure with specific commands outlined.
When working in the field, as many a time we are called to do, it’s nice to have access to your notes, or favorite websites. I’ve included an Admin section for the field tech to remotely access critical info.
Updated October 2018
Please follow the instructions below when using the toolkit ⁄ obtaining the toolkit from a misplaced or lost toolkit.
Microsoft .NET Framework required for SyMenu!
1. Make sure that you’ve backed up your current version in the event of an error, critical crash or some other issue. Make backups of the toolkit installer.
2. Download the main Installer – Every Email contains the Download link, the link sometimes wont say download, this is to make sure that you’ve red the email and understand the steps you need to take before just diving in.
4. When all the applications have finished – Close Ketarin and the GeGeek Toolkit. Then Relaunch the Toolkit and Test. Precautionary. Note: Should some programs fail to download you can manually force a download. You can either select the file manually by holding the control key and choosing the files that have failed, then simply right click and Force Download or click the Status (See Red Mark Below) this will sort the applications which have failed making it easier to select and perform a Force Download.
5. Once you’ve successfully downloaded the toolkit you may optionally copy the entire contents of the toolkit to the root of a USB Drive and once per week run Ketarin to check for an updates.
6. If problems ⁄ issues persist please shut down ALL Security Programs and try the whole process again. There are advanced tech tools included that sometimes trigger Antivirus programs and will interfere with the update. It’s also recommended to White List the entire GeGeek_Toolkit directory.
Note: Most questions are answered on the site’s web page if you just read the entire page. Please read all the instructions here first before reaching me for any Q&A.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY REGARDING YOUR EMAIL AND THE TOOLKIT
If you need to download the toolkit again, either use the current download link in your email or just wait for the next release to be sent to your email. In some cases people often report that they’ve not received any toolkits sent to there email, if you’ve changed your email, I highly recommend contacting us and letting us know you’ve updated your email address, please provide Full name and previous email and a copy of the email sent to us.People telling us that there toolkit was corrupted, not once in the last few years have I seen the toolkit get corrupted. If you need to obtain the toolkit follow the steps above. The installer contains the toolkit and makes 2 references to the registry, these entries refer to where the installer installed the toolkit and the icon placed on the desktop. If you’re attempting to download the toolkit and its coming up with a 404 error, more than likely you’ve accessed an old email and the link has been deleted. Refer to this page for the latest version and use the download link for that version.